The lobbying bill moves into the House of Lords tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd October). Much of the debate in the Commons focused on the huge problems with the bill and many (including NCVO) are looking to the Lords to revise and reject various elements.
NCVO remains deeply concerned that changes to non-party campaigning rules in the lobbying bill will severely restrict the ability of charities to speak out on matters of public interest.
See below for a quick run down of useful briefings, articles and links for any Peers looking to get up to speed on part II of the bill:
- Read NCVO’s briefing for peers ahead of second reading (PDF, 402kb)
- An updated briefing from the Electoral Commission ahead of second reading in the Lords (PDF).
- A useful article from the Royal British Legion on how they expect their campaigning to be affected by the bill.
- A new briefing from Oxfam ahead of second reading in the Lords (PDF).
- A new briefing from the British Medical Association.
- A new briefing from Compact Voice on the concerns they have about the bill (PDF).
- The report from the Political and Constitutional Reform Committee on the bill (PDF).
- The report from the Joint Committee on Human Rights (PDF).
- The report from Lords Constitution Committee on the bill (PDF).
- Analysis from Third Sector on the impact the bill may have.
Please e mail me if you have any more to add to this list!